WHAT TO WEAR TO DANCE CLASS: (dress code is strictly enforced!)
Creative Movement/Pre Dance:
- ANY COLORED LEOTARD and PINK TIGHTS
- with PINK BALLET SLIPPERS
- Hair pulled back into a bun or PONYTAIL
- (leather ballet shoes preferred)
Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop & Tech Classes:(includes Kinder Levels)
- BLACK LEOTARD, TANK, or FITTED T-SHIRT (no bare midriff shirts allowed)
- BLACK DANCE PANTS/CAPRIS or “Booty” SHORTS
- BLACK JAZZ SHOE (slip on) or
- NUDE FOOT PAWS for Jazz
- BLACK TAP shoes for tap
- BLACK JAZZ OR DANCE SHOE (lace up Capezio or Bloch) for Hip Hop (teacher may allow clean street shoes as well)
- Hair pulled back into bun or PONYTAIL.
- SOLID COLORED LEOTARD with BALLET PINK TIGHTS and PINK BALLET SLIPPERS
- No TANK TOPS are allowed in Ballet Classes (ballet skirts or wraps are ok during warm up)
- Hair pulled back into a clean Ballet BUN
- Ballet dress code is strictly enforced!
- BLACK DANCE PANTS or SHORTS with WHITE T-SHIRT and either Ballet, Tap or Jazz shoes
- (see above under corresponding class)
Because proper dance technique and skills are our main focus we ask that all dancers follow dress code. There are many reasons for our dress code–
- Movement quality – dancers can move freely and comfortably when dressed in proper dance clothes.
- Teachers need to see dancers! Not bright colors, wild hair, baggy clothes and incorrect shoes.
- Helps teach students responsibility, discipline and respect.
- Sets the mood for a productive class…Dress the part, be the part.
Students will be given verbal warnings if dress code becomes a problem. If a problem continues dancers will be asked to sit out of class. Elite sells Tanks, Booty shorts, T-shirts, leggings, Sweatpants and tights – all available at the front desk!
Dance stores around the area are:
Dance Togs in Beaverton off Cedar Hills and Hall Blvd. (644-7545)
The Leotard 2432 NE MLK Blvd. Portland, 97212 (284-9244)